In general, Terms of Service that are tailored to the way your website operates and interacts with your customers, should include:
- The website owner’s name
- A permitted use statement
- A limitation of liability statement
- Any copyright & trademark notices
- An intellectual property policy
- A right to refuse service statement
- Use of third-party information
- A statement of governing law
- An external links statement
- A privacy statement (If your website collects any identifying information from the user) and…
Terms and Conditions should be even more detailed if your business operates an e-commerce website. They will need to cover rules of conduct that apply to any purchases made from your site.
It can seem like a daunting task but taking the time to implement these rules will ensure legal compliance that can and will protect your business. If you are not sure what should be included, you can consult an attorney that will help you draft proper Terms and Conditions for your specific business needs.